WHY CAN’T I POOP EVERYDAY, EVEN WHEN I FOLLOW A HEALTHY DIET AND EXERCISE REGULARLY?
If you aren’t getting enough fibre in your diet, you won’t have regular bowel movements. Your body sends you messages every day about your health, but if you don’t believe the signals it is sending, write down everything you eat in a one week period, then look up the categories they fall in. If the fibre is less than 50%, you need more.
Next you need to be sure you have answers for all these below.
- Did you change your diet or activities recently?
- Are you under stress?
- Are you eating a lot of dairy products?
- How often do you eat? Once a day? Twice?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- Do you use laxatives?
- Do you have problems with your nerves?
- Do you have an Underactive thyroid? ( Hypothyroidism)
If you answer yes to any or all of these, you should seek medical advice from your doctor. Healthy eating is only half of living healthy. Healthy pooping is the other half. We need both to live well.