Light Dinner Recipe
A great make-ahead lunch or light dinner recipe packed with protein, you can do a batch of this on a Sunday and portion out throughout the week! Quinoa is one of my favorite grains, and it’s wheat-free. It contains all nine essential amino acids making it a complete protein source, its nutty taste also works perfectly with the tangy olives and feta in this recipe.
- Prepare the quinoa first. Place the quinoa in a strainer or colander and rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear. Let the quinoa drain for a few seconds, then add the rinsed quinoa, salt, curry powder, and water to a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once all of the water is absorbed, turn the heat off and fluff it with a fork. One cup of dried quinoa will yield 2 cups cooked.
- While the quinoa is cooling, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and rice wine vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, nuts, raisins, feta, olives, parsley, and chicken. Gently stir.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine—season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Support my BoosTR campaign
My UFiiT program has been nominated and accepted for ATB Boostr Campaign. I need your support to improve my business, doing it by helping you to follow a new and healthier lifestyle and mindset. In return for your support, I offer you my e-book, training, and classes and promise you that I’ll help you through the path of transformation.
Thank you so much for your support, please have a look at the rewards I have to offer you.