A great make-ahead lunch or light dinner recipe packed with protein, you can do a batch of this on a Sunday and portion out throughout the week! Quinoa is one of my favourite grains, it’s wheat-free and contains all nine essential amino acids making it a complete protein source, its nutty taste also works perfectly with the tangy olives and feta in this recipe.
- Prepare the quinoa first. Place the quinoa in a strainer or colander and rinse well until the water runs clear. Let the quinoa drain for a few seconds, then add the rinsed quinoa, salt, curry powder and water to a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once all of the water is absorbed, turn the heat off and fluff it with a fork. 1 cup of dried quinoa will yield 2 cups cooked.
- While the quinoa is cooling, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and rice wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, nuts, raisins, feta, olives, parsley, and chicken. Gently stir.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.